When you wear your heart, some take advantage
I have always done my best to be a good person.
I work hard, I fight for the things I believe in and I try to always see the positive in situations.
I consider myself to be flexible and considerate of others, but, most of all, passionate in every venture that I pursue.
But despite all of these positive qualities, I often find myself getting knocked down.
I wear my heart on my sleeve, and anyone who knows me knows that.
Sometimes, I don’t know if that’s such a good thing.
Because people know how considerate, passionate and loyal I am, they sometimes try to use those qualities against me.
For example, if people want to hurt me or use me to get something that they want, they know right where to strike: at one of my passions.
Whether that passion be a project, a job, an experience or even a person, like a professor, employer, friend or even a family member, people find a way to hit me right where it hurts.
And they know what they’re doing.
It’s frustrating to me because I am such an open book; I generally trust people to be morally sound and compassionate.
But time and time again, I am let down.
I’m not going to lie; I’ve dealt with a lot of betrayal in my life.
I’d like to say that it gets easier to deal with the more it happens, but each time I still find myself feeling shocked and saddened by the disloyalty.
It’s especially discouraging when I think I know someone’s intentions, and then they turn on me.
It makes me not want to be so trusting and so open.
However, I am who I am, and that’s not going to change.
I’ll still do my best to be a good person.
I’ll still work hard and fight for the things I believe in.
I’ll still be considerate of others and passionate about everything I do.
I’ll try my best to stay positive and be flexible.
And I’ll continue working on acceptance and forgiveness, as well.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
More VN News Articles
Recent VN News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR VN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST VN NEWS
RECENT VN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards